Exercise physiology and related fields are exploding, especially given America's unwavering interest in sports, along with the continued growth in the numbers of older adults and people who are overweight or obese. The world is discovering exercise is medicine!
State AuthorizationThis online program is authorized in all 50 states and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Click here for more information.
A 9-Credit Online Graduate Program in
Are you interested in transitioning into the field of Exercise Science, Sports Medicine, Kinesiology, Personal Training, Exercise Physiology, or Health and Fitness? Looking to enhance your current job credentials or earn a degree advancement?
Great news! You're in the right place at the right time. Exercise physiology and related fields are exploding, especially given America's unwavering interest in sports, along with the continued growth in the numbers of older adults and people who are overweight or obese. The world is discovering exercise is medicine!
To help meet demand for continuing education in the exercise science field, the University of Connecticut (UConn) now offers a new online graduate certificate program in Exercise Prescription. This 9-credit, 3 course online graduate certificate can help you advance your knowledge base in this dynamic field, preparing you to take your career to the next level and capitalize on the growing exercise science, personal training, fitness and Kinesiology industries.
At the completion of this online certificate program, students will:
- Learn about the nuances of administering exercise stress tests in healthy and unhealthy populations.
- Become proficient in evaluating a person’s overall health prior to beginning of an exercise program and throughout program maintenance.
- Understand how to incorporate aerobic, resistance, concurrent, neuro-motor and flexibility exercise appropriately into exercise plans.
- Learn about the underlying processes involved with chronic diseases or special health conditions.
- Become adept at using the F.I.T.T. (Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type) principle of exercise prescription to prevent, treat, and manage these conditions.
- Learn how to develop individualized exercise prescriptions to increase and promote physical activity, fitness, strength, endurance, and flexibility to optimize health and meet athletic performance goals.
- Learn how to use behavioral strategies to increase adherence with exercise plans.
- Become adept at recognizing common medication classes likely to be encountered by health/fitness professionals, and how they may influence the exercise responses.
We are currently accepting students for the summer term. The application deadline is Friday, March 30, 11:59 p.m. EST. Apply now to avoid last minute processing delays.