Exercise physiology and related fields are exploding, especially given America's unwavering interest in sports, along with the continued growth in the numbers of older adults and people who are overweight or obese. The world is discovering exercise is medicine!
A 9-Credit Online Graduate Program in Exercise Prescription
Are you interested in transitioning into the field of Exercise Science, Sports Medicine, Kinesiology, Personal Training, Exercise Physiology, or Health and Fitness? Looking to enhance your current job credentials or earn a degree advancement?
Great news! You're in the right place at the right time. Exercise physiology and related fields are exploding, especially given America's unwavering interest in sports, along with the continued growth in the numbers of older adults and people who are overweight or obese. The world is discovering exercise is medicine!
To help meet demand for continuing education in the exercise science field, the University of Connecticut (UConn) now offers a new online graduate certificate program in Exercise Prescription. This 9-credit, 3 course online graduate certificate can help you advance your knowledge base in this dynamic field, preparing you to take your career to the next level and capitalize on the growing exercise science, personal training, fitness and Kinesiology industries.
At the completion of this online certificate program, students will:
- Learn about the nuances of administering exercise stress tests in healthy and unhealthy populations.
- Become proficient in evaluating a person’s overall health prior to beginning of an exercise program and throughout program maintenance.
- Understand how to incorporate aerobic, resistance, concurrent, neuro-motor and flexibility exercise appropriately into exercise plans.
- Learn about the underlying processes involved with chronic diseases or special health conditions.
- Become adept at using the F.I.T.T. (Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type) principle of exercise prescription to prevent, treat, and manage these conditions.
- Learn how to develop individualized exercise prescriptions to increase and promote physical activity, fitness, strength, endurance, and flexibility to optimize health and meet athletic performance goals.
- Learn how to use behavioral strategies to increase adherence with exercise plans.
- Become adept at recognizing common medication classes likely to be encountered by health/fitness professionals, and how they may influence the exercise responses.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY GUIDELINES
Advisory Committee membership announcement and first meeting
TWO MINUTE VIDEO
Click below to meet your instructor and learn more about the UConn Exercise Prescription Online Graduate Certificate.
HuskyCT, which stands for “Husky Course Tools,” is the name of our online course management system. The application we use is Blackboard Learn 9.1. Check it out
The University of Connecticut is one of the top public research universities in the nation, with more than 30,000 students pursuing answers to critical questions in labs, lecture halls, and the community. Knowledge exploration throughout the University’s network of campuses is united by a culture of innovation. Learn More